Thursday, November 1, 2012

Spinach Puffs

My mother was kind enough to part with her Bon Appetit Magazine so that I could study it in preparation for Thanksgiving this year.  In my "studies", I came across this tasty-looking recipe for spinach puffs.  I knew that these would be a total hit for me, D, and L, and that J would be the hard-sell.  Surprisingly, I had never used puffed pastry dough before tonight!  I was happy to learn that it's just about the easiest thing in the world to work with, and it tastes delicious (even if it's not the healthiest thing!).  The preparation of these puffs literally took me about 15 minutes from start to finish.  They were beautiful, and absolutely delicious.  I stuck to the recipe, but next time I will be much more heavy handed on the fresh dill (maybe using up to about 3 tbs in total).  As predicted, D, L and I loved this meal...J kept saying he didn't like them, but actually ate a fair amount;)  Stay tuned for our Thanksgiving feast (I can't believe it's already November!!!!), but these puffs will certainly be on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment